The Boss RE-20 is a recreation of the iconic Roland RE-201 Space Echo, using the innovative COSM technology to faithfully deliver every sonic detail and nuance the original produced. Everything about the RE-20 has been ripped straight from the Space Echo, from its spacious analogue tone to the faithful modelling of the original’s tape flutters and magnetic head saturation. The Boss Tape Echo also features the same 12 modes as the original, offering different combinations of echo and reverb. The only real difference between the RE-20 and the RE-201, besides its size, is the extended delay time, tap pedal for setting the delay time, and stompbox format.
- Amazing simulation of the famous Roland RE-201, with the spacious, analog tone of the original Space Echo
- Faithful modeling of the RE-201’s tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as Repeat Rate, Intensity, and more via Expression pedal
- Mode Selector knob with 12 placements just likes the original Space Echo